What are the puppy and kitten packages and why do we offer them?
1) These are designed to offer the vaccines and routine veterinary care that your pet needs when you get a new puppy or kitten. These cover all the main vaccines, tests, exam, and deworming.
2) These packages do not include test expenses, treatments and medicines for when your pet gets sick. That would be for an insurance plan to cover - such as Trupanion or Nationwide Pet Insurance.
3) We follow the UC Davis Vaccine Guidelines. These recommendations are most relevant to pets in Northern California. We recommend owners refer to their website for any questions about the individual vaccines. Click here to be forwarded to their page.
4) There are a few additional vaccines that we may recommend for some puppies based on their environment, that not all puppies would receive. These are the canine flu vaccine and lyme vaccine. Your veterinarian may discuss these with you.
5) The age recommended for each visit are listed below. However, these are mainly rough guidelines. The 3 most important rules are: start the vaccines by 8 weeks old, get booster shots every 3-4 weeks, and keep coming back until the last shot is at, or after, 16 weeks old.
Puppy Package $300 (Saves $84)
8 week old visit
Full Exam ($50) DHPP Vaccine ($28) Deworming ($25) Fecal Test ($45) Value = $148
12 week old visit
DHPP Vaccine ($28) Bordetella Vaccine ($28) Leptospirosis Vaccine ($28) Deworming ($25) Advantage Multi Dose ($18) Value = $127